Friday, January 4, 2013

Photo A Day December

I'm pretty sure Photo A Day December has been my favorite month of photos, by far. I've only got three more months to go until I've done Photo A Day for an ENTIRE YEAR! I started mid-year, in April, and I'd like to complete a full twelve months so that I have 365 photos from beginning to end. I can't wait for the end result!

Back to December. Ha, that's a Taylor Swift song. ANYWAYS. December. I'm pretty sure this Photo A Day month was my favorite because {helloooooooooooooo} it was Christmas season + NYC trip (!!!!!) + it was Christmas season + NYC trip (!!!!!!). I mean, it was going to turn out awesome either way. December is going to be hard to beat but it could happen. Three more months of prompts to go!

















1. 8 o'clock. It was a Saturday morning and I actually got up to go for a run. It was picture-worthy.
2. peace. This is actually an ornament that I found while browsing in Target. I never bought it, just used it for Photo A Day, ha!
3. something you held. I've been a on a reading kick lately and I've had a book in my hands in my spare time.
4. black + white. I wore a blazer that day but I'm pretty sure I love the lining print inside just as much as I love the blazer itself.
5. looking up. That night my friend, Elyse, and I took a painting class at Wine & Design and had a great time! I spent a lot of time "looking up" at the instructor's podium to make sure I was on task and that my city didn't end up looking like a dump :)
6. from where you live/your country. This was a "#latergram"....a way later gram because I took this photo in January of 2010 in NYC but hey, it was the perfect picture for that days prompt.
7. stars. This was the end result to the Wine & Design class Elyse and I took a few days before. A "Starry Charlotte Night".
8. someone you love. I can't get enough of Jeremy Singleton! Especially in NYC!!!
9. out + about. We walked many many miles in the rain that day but to see the Rockefeller Tree lit up at night was completely worth it.
10. under. Under the "L-O-V-E" statue in NYC.
11. sweet. Serendipity 3 is known for their frozen hot chocolate and I now know why. OMG. Heaven, you guys. Heaven.
12. hat. Jason Mraz is known for wearing a hat! We just happened to see him at Madison Square Garden and of course he was sporting his well-known fedora.
13. lights. GIANT lights were displayed at the Rockefeller Center in NYC.
14. something green. My good friend, Aimee, threw a fabulous Christmas party and she had the cutest Advent calendar hanging from her fireplace.
15. outdoors. I will never forget ice skating in Central Park. I wanted to cry and it was magical. But I didn't want to cry because it was magical. You'll just have to wait for that story in a later blog post :)
16. something you made. I made hot chocolate mix bags for co-workers. Yum, yum!
17. on the floor. Our Christmas tree skirt!
18. makes you feel merry. A warm cup of hot chocolate. With marshmallows, of course!
19. something beginning with 'S'. Santa with Keegan! That kid is too cute!
20. weather. It was a rainy day.
21. tree. A Christmas tree, duh!
22. decoration. Our door decoration that I made last year.
23. joy is _______. Joy is that gap-tooth smile of his. I can't get enough of it.
24. tradition/something you always do. We always get together with family over Christmas. And I always make everyone take a group picture. Whether they like it or not :)
25. lunchtime. We had so much food!! I had to sample everything. And I mean everything.
26. mess. Our first dance was to 'A Beautiful Mess'.
27. how you relax. I'm pretty sure I've worn my new comfy slippers every day since I bought them. Very relaxing.
28. cold. Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.
29. hot.  Hot Apple Cider.
30. something that made you smile this year. Becoming an Auntie to Keegan has definitely put a smile on my face this year. He's done nothing but change our family for the better.
31. self-portrait.  Spinning into the new year! I'm hoping 2013 brings new challenges, lots of love and much, much joy.

If you're feeling like you want to join Photo A Day in 2013, grab the list for January and go!


No comments:

Post a Comment