Friday, July 20, 2012

Lately

With no Bachelorette post from Jeremy this week (sad, I know) and not much going on last week (for me at least), it feels kind of weird not to blog. So weird that I feel like I must write at least a little something just so I have my blog satisfaction.

Let's start out with the biggest change to the Singleton household for the summer.

We have a new roommate! Reuben, my brother-in-law, has officially moved into our home. I say officially because in the past year he pretty much just stays with us for a few weeks, packs up, and leaves. Last summer, he went back to Boone for summer school and this winter he snagged an internship right after he graduated from ASU. With a degree in hand and a completed internship under his belt, he has moved in to stay for who knows how long. He is looking for a full time job so if you know of anything, let us know!
Pool time with the bro-in-law!
Going from a two person household to three has it's ups and downs. Of course the water, energy and grocery bills go up but it's been nice having Reuben around. He walks Apollo in the morning which is GREAT for Jeremy and I since that is one less thing we have to worry about during the morning rush. He cleans sometimes (you kind of have to ask first) and is willing to go pick up things from the store during the week if needed. I know this won't last forever since he'll find a job soon but I'll enjoy it while it lasts :)

Next thing on my list that I wanted to talk about....

I finally went to our local Farmer's Market in Matthews! I've been on a vegetable kick lately and I wanted to check out what was around the area. Last Saturday morning, my mom, Reuben and I headed out the door to see what our local farmers had to offer. The Matthews market is pretty cute. It's located in Downtown Matthews in a little area behind some buildings. It's a little small but I kind of like it that way because you don't get overwhelmed. Once we left the market, we decided to keep on walking downtown to find PUPPIES! Oh my. SO. CUTE. Oh, and I can now cross Farmer's Market off our list!


NEXT TOPIC!


At the beginning of the month, we decided to make a list of goals. It turns out this list will end up going more than a month because well..we've only successfully crossed off one item. We'd like to get started painting soon but not only will we have to paint our walls, but the ceilings too! The family that lived in our home before us went a little overboard on the paint in my opinion. Just figuring out how much paint we'll need and all the equipment we'll need to buy makes me cringe. I don't want to do it. Someone come paint for me!

I have more on my mind but I'll save the rest for a rainy day. I hope you all are having a great summer traveling, shopping, and you know, just doing your own thing. You'll be hearing from us soon since the finale of The Bachelorette is this weekend! Who will Emily choose? Jef with one F or Arie?!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment