Friday, July 27, 2012

Date Night

Every once in a while, you need a date night with your other half. A date night smack dab in the middle of the week.


A few weeks ago, Jeremy and I spotted a new (to us) burger restaurant, smashburger, in the area. After checking out their website, we had to go. Their menu did not disappoint and we ate every last crumb. We'll definitely be back. Especially since we get a free milkshake during our next visit!


Afterwards we headed to the movie theater to see The Dark Knight Rises. Wow, what a movie. I'll be honest with you - I'm not a huge fan of Batman Begins or The Dark Knight but the last film of the trilogy makes me want to re-watch the others and give them another chance. I have to admit...the fact that Joseph Gordon-Levitt had a lead roll made me very, VERY happy. Giddy, in fact. If you can't tell, I have a huge crush on him.

The rest of the night I got to listen to Jeremy do his Bane (the bad guy) impression. He's surprisingly good at it. Apollo didn't know what to think. At first he thought he was in trouble but then he proceeded to tilt his head back and forth with question.

Although the movie was amazingly good, I couldn't help but glance at the Exit door (that was left open the entire time) every now and then and think about the tragedy that happened just a week ago. The victims of the Colorado shooting sit heavy on my heart and I feel horrible for their friends and family. I can't imagine what they are going through and wish them the very best in their recovery.

Although our country is going through a sad time with the shooting, we must move forward and celebrate the start of the 2012 Summer Olympics. The opening ceremony is tonight and both Jeremy and I can't wait. I, of course, love track & field events since I ran multiple events throughout high school but I'm interested to see all of the other sports too...basketball, swimming and gymnastics to name a few. Good luck to all the athletes going for medals out there!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment