Friday, July 6, 2012

I saw fireworks from the freeway

Do you like how I snuck Jason Mraz's first radio single onto the blog as the post title? I couldn't help it. It was a perfect fit! :)

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Our plans changed a gazzilion times but we ended up having a pretty awesome day. We went from going to Charleston to not, to going to a local family cookout to not, and from heading uptown to watch fireworks to not. We both took half days at work and saw The Amazing Spider-Man instead. It was indeed amazing. Go see it!

Even though we didn't see any fireworks on the 4th, we were able to catch some the night before. We've made it a Singleton tradition to go to The Whitewater Center and watch the fireworks overlooking the rapids. It's always fun to bring Apollo along for the ride since people LOVE him and can't resist to pet his gigantic slobbery head. I'd want to pet him too! He IS pretty awesome and was very well behaved all evening. I'm sure he enjoyed all of the attention.


Once the sun was low in the sky, the temperature felt amazing. I'm pretty sure I could have fallen asleep  on our blanket right then and there. With free Edy's ice cream in my tummy and my man by my side, it was sure to be a good night.


Ya know, every time Jeremy and I visit The Whitewater Center, we always say we need to actually go whitewater rafting. I think it needs to be added to the bucket list to make it official. What do you say, any of you up to joining us? Just let us know and help us check it off the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment