Sunday, February 24, 2013

What We're Loving Lately


We meant to post this on Valentines Day but the 14th has passed and we missed Cupid's arrow.  We had so much fun posting about five things we were loving at the moment last year, that we decided to give it a whirl again!

FIVE THINGS ASHA IS LOVING (at the moment)
(in no particular order)
  1. Afterglow. Afterglow is a photo app that I am absolutely in love with. There are a lot of filters to choose from and I love how you can adjust them to your liking. It's easy to use and your photos end up looking great! I then use instagram to share my photos, of course :)
  2. The Lone Bellow. This Brooklyn-roots trio has a little bit of country in them and I like it. Their album has been on repeat and I just can't stop listening. Their upbeat songs will get you grooving and you can really hear in their voices that they love music. And yes, I admit, maybe I like just a little bit of country music after all.
  3. Polka Dots. Put polk dots on any type of clothing and I'm pretty sure I will swoon over it. I don't know what it is but I absolutely love them. I may have a problem but I just can't help it.
  4. The Mindy Project. I am seriously laughing for an hour straight on Tuesday nights. After the show New Girl, The Mindy Project comes on and it keeps me laughing for another 30 minutes. I love both shows so much, I had a dream that I was BFF with Jess from New Girl and Mindy from the Mindy Project. I could totally see us three being the best of friends. I wouldn't have even watched the show if Jeremy hadn't decided to add it to the DVR list. I owe him big time for introducing me to my new fave show.
  5. Pick Your Plum. Every weekday I look forward to opening my email and finding the daily deal from Pick Your Plum. I've bought tons of washi tape, craft tags and more, all at discounted prices. You also can't beat that they throw in a couple pieces of Laffy Taffy with their delivery!
FIVE THINGS FROM JEREMY
(Asha made me do this)
  1. CrossFit. So this month I decided to switch up my exercise routine. I was bored with my usual strength work and was really looking for something to keep me interested in exercise. Well, our CrossFit program at the Y has been growing for the past 3 years and I've seen it first hand. It looks hard. Those people are crazy. They lift a lot of weight. It's quite intimidating. Sounded PERFECT! I'm not really sure why I actually signed up for it, but I'm glad I did. It's been great and I am seeing (and feeling) results already. It's not meant to get you ripped like the models you see in commercials for the perfect pushup. Instead, it builds strength. Full body strength. And so far, I'm diggin' it.
  2. Guitar. I don't know how many of you knew this, but I'm "right-brained." I consider myself to be creative. I can also draw pretty well and I pick up instruments fairly quickly. I can play trumpet, trombone, euphonium (baritone), lil' snare and drums. Next on the list was the one instrument I've always wanted to play - guitar. It's the toughest instrument I've ever tried to play. With some help though, I'm getting it. Hopefully I'll be able to serenade you all at some point.
  3. Jeep. I finally got a new car. I have to admit, I'm going to miss my lil 'sports car, but it was definitely time to upgrade. When my car broke down (again), I decided to weigh my options. After some calculating, I decided it was time to part ways with my lil' 2003 Dodge Stratus... so I went and got me a Jeep Liberty! This is my first ever 4-door vehicle. It's just really... big (that's what she said). I'm loving it though. 
  4. The Bachelor. This ridiculous, over-emotional "reality" show has taken - no STOLEN- 2 hours of my Monday nights for the past... 3 seasons! What started as the easiest way I could get through the drama, turned into a weekly recurring post. I'd like to personally thank each of you who actually read my real-time Bachelor thoughts. Trust me, those posts wouldn't be there without you.
  5. Pizza. I'm really loving pizza. (Ok, you figured it out... I couldn't think of 5 things so I ended with pizza. It's not totally a lie though because I DO love pizza... the end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment