Friday, December 16, 2011

Season's Greetings

Our Christmas cards have been stamped and ready to be mailed out since the first weekend of December. However, you may not see our debut delivery until this very week. So, what's the hold up you ask? The return address stamp I ordered online 3 weeks ago set me back a few weeks.


You see, I bought a handy dandy stamp gadget back in April for our wedding invitations. Since I already had the machine, all I needed was the stamp plate. I really didn't think it would take 3 weeks to construct and ship. Once the stamp plate finally arrived, I began doing a few test impressions only to realize that I needed to buy a new ink pad. Greeeeat. Another set back to getting our cards out at a decent time. I looked online and found that they were indeed in stock. I didn't want to deal with shipping again and figured I would just go to the store and pick it up myself.

The next day I took off work early just so I could make it before the store closed for the day. I came to find out that the refill ink pad I was looking for is only sold online. *sigh* It was like a stab to the heart. I was so sad. So, so sad. But alas, I did not give up! I did not wait for half of December to NOT use this cute little stamp of mine. I bought a regular ink pad and then made my own stamper since all I had was the plate. It worked out just fine and I hope you all treasure our little Santa gnome as much as I do. If you don't even care about our gnome, just tickle my fancy and say you love it anyways.


Alright, alright, I'll get to our very FIRST Christmas card now. I'm so excited to share them! I designed them myself and printed them through Mpix.  :) I only wish I ordered them in a larger size. At least now I know for next year!

Front
Back
Lessons Learned from our first Christmas (I'm sure I'll need to add more to the list later on):
  • Order purchases made online well in advance of Christmas.
  • Order larger Christmas Cards. Ours look so small next to all the ones we received!
  • Don't move for at least a year so you can re-use the stamp for next year.
  • Be patient.
I can't wait to add our card and write down other Christmas memories in our Christmas book that we got as a wedding present :D


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment