Friday, September 10, 2010

For Richer or Poorer?

I'm a saver, not a spender.  Spending a huge sum of money freaks me out.  I tend to back away from the situation, ball up, and talk myself out of it...heck, I almost cried when I made my first big purchase (macbook...totally worth it).  Paying for this wedding is a big deal for me.  I'm probably going to freak out even more when I have to pay for the most expensive part...the food!  It's just hard to say goodbye to all of that money you have saved for so long.  

Jeremy has helped me with this issue of mine.  He lets me know that, in the end, it will all be worth it and my money will be well spent.  He pushes me to step outside the boundaries of my tight wallet; tells me that sometimes you just need to spoil yourself.

I bring up this topic because I am about to spend a butt load of money on a trip to DISNEY WORLD!  Jeremy and I are running the Wine And Dine Half Marathon Relay at Disney in less than a month! I talked him into running the relay because I didn't feel like running the full 13.1 miles myself.  He'll be running the first 5 miles and then I'll finish up the last 8.  The race starts at 10 pm so hopefully it will be nice and cool.  We get to run through all 4 parks (how cool is that!) and we finish up at Epcot with the Food and Wine Festival.  I could not turn this race down.  I wanted to take Jeremy to Disney at some point (he's never been before) and this year just seemed like the right time to do it.  One of my life goals was also to run a race at Disney.  Two checks off the list!  After our race, we are spending the week in Orlando.  We'll be going to Disney for 3 days and Universal for 2.  We've been waiting ALL SUMMER for this.  Can't wait!

I feel guilty knowing that this is a huge amount of money that should be going to our wedding but I felt like this was the best time for us to go.  This is our last chance to be kids before we deal with grown up stuff like buying a house and paying more bills.  Jason Mraz wrote the perfect remedy for me in his latest blog.  He said "Money is made up. Let it go. Love is the only thing that is real."  I have to learn to let money go, leave my worries behind and just live my life with the people I love.

1 comment:

  1. Asha you are the tightest person I know! Jeremy good luck!

    ReplyDelete