Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Advanced Screening: It's a bird... it's a plane... it's...


Well, guys... believe the hype because Christopher Nolan has done it again.

I can't express how much I enjoyed the movie, "Man of Steel". I'm going to try really, really hard to not spoil anything for anyone.


From the very beginning I was HOOKED! Umm... *thinking of how not to completely ruin it for you...*

This movie makes you wonder and question WHY do we do (and act) the way we do. What motivates you to do what you do? Why were you created?

Nolan did a great job telling the story of Kal-El, aka Superman. You get a complete story of when, how and why Superman came to Earth. I must emphasis that it's a complete story. Many people know Superman's home planet, Krypton, was destroyed and he was sent to Earth. I felt that Nolan did an awesome job providing some details as to why everything happened the way it did. This movie also does a great job focusing on Superman. The man. The alien. The human. The hero. Again, a complete story of Superman.

Again, I'm trying REALLY hard not to spoil anything, so this is going to be super vague.

This movie also has TONS of action. I'm recalling 2 REALLY good fight scenes, but don't worry, there are more than 2 fight scenes in this movie (and don't worry, ladies, you get your romance too). Comic book, superhero and Superman fans will all be proud of this portrayal of Superman. You get the power, the speed, the strength, the charm - a real SUPERman, unlike some of the previous versions that have been on the big screen. He actually uses pretty much ALL of his powers as well.

Also, Henry Cavill (dude who plays Superman)... that dude is damn near perfect.  Like... yeah, let's go ahead and make it official - #ManCrush. He's got the classic chiseled facial features and muscles on top of muscles making him look pretty much exactly how you'd picture Superman. And despite the fact that Louis Lane has never, ever been portrayed as a red head (as far as I know), Amy Adams did a great job with the role. (And she's quite the looker herself!)

Overall, this movie gets an A+ from me. Is it the best Superman movie I've ever seen? Yup. Is it the best movie I've seen this year? Yup. Is it the best superhero movie I've ever seen? ...just maybe (<-- but that's because I'm a big Superman fan so I may be a bit bias). But seriously, this is such a good movie and it's got everything! Building romance + a few comedic lines x tons of action = a tremendous movie for all types of fans. Hardcore Superman fans, casual movie goers, men, women - you're all going to enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment