Thursday, March 3, 2011

Yup, he's the one alright

A couple weeks ago, I got the opportunity to be on a bridal panel for NACE (National Association of Catering Executives, an organization for caterers and event professionals in Charlotte). It was an opportunity for different vendors to get a bride's perspective on planning a wedding, with or without a planner. My planner, who is a part of the organization, thought it would be a good idea for me to go since Jeremy and I aren't your average couple getting married these days. We are paying for the wedding ourselves, doing a lot of DIY projects, and adding not so ordinary features to our wedding. She thought it would be great for us to share our side of things with others. I thought it was a great idea and was so excited to be there!

That day Jeremy had talked about going to the event but we finally decided he should just go home after work. No need for him to be there bored to death, itching to get home.

The nerves hit once I arrived. I really didn't know what to expect. I had no idea how many people were going to be there, what questions people were going to ask, or if I would even be put on the spot at all. Turns out the brides were pretty much put on the spot. We sat at the front of the room and were given mics to speak into. Vendors of all sorts were there to ask us questions upon questions. I could feel my heart beat start to quicken but I turned my head to the right and...hey...that looks like Jeremy...that can't be him! After a double take, I realized it was Jeremy all right. What the heck was he doing there! All I could do was smile. I felt smitten by his love and support. I felt my nerves instantly go away. A sudden calm came over me. It was awesome! All because he came and surprised me. It seriously meant the WORLD to me. I had no idea that he had any intentions to come and see what the event was all about. He had sent out a tweet earlier about me being at the event and that alone made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. This was 10 times better.


This just put things in perspective for the afternoon that I walk down the aisle. I'll be nervous beyond belief knowing that all of our friends and family will be looking at me. But now I know all I have to do is look at him and know everything will be alright.
It amazes me how he can have this affect on me and not intentionally do anything at all. That's how I know, among many other reasons, that he is the one for me.

1 comment: