Friday, August 9, 2013

Let the Good Times Roll

This past weekend was an all-around good weekend. Not too busy. Not too boring. It was juuuuuuust right. My weekend started off right with a shopping trip right after work to Concord Mills. I had to take advantage of the LAST tax-free weekend being offered in North Carolina! Elyse and I hit our favorite stores and walked away happy campers.

Speaking of happy campers, this was my fortune at lunch that day. YES, PLEASE!
Saturday morning rolled around and I was sooooooo excited to sleep in...until I awoke at 6:30am. That lasted all of 5 minutes. I forced myself back to sleep (it wasn't that hard) and woke up at a much better time. We had a lazy morning catching up on important TV shows like MTV's The Challenge and Project Runway :D.

In between morning and late afternoon, we squeezed in some time to visit a few local shops in Matthews. We stumbled into a new fave, The White Stag, and found some great NC "Home" shirts and local art to hang. We were definitely happy with our purchases.

Love this! Made by a local NC artist.
Both Jeremy and I got one (different colors) . My new favorite shirt.
We definitely need this in our house.
Later that afternoon, we met up with the bro-in-law, Reuben, and Shannon and headed to Fan Fest to watch the Carolina Panthers debut this year's team which *hopefully* Armanti Edwards (App alum) will be a part of again. We found seats with CJ and his adorable son, Oliver, who was happy to spend some quality time with Bluncle (black uncle) Jeremy. They happened to match!

Ready (sort of) for the season to begin!

Carolina Panther's Fan Fest!

Matching shorts and smiles with Bluncle Jeremy
After sitting in the summer heat for a good two hours, we were of course craving some burgers. Since we were already uptown, we settled on one of Jeremy's favorites, The Burger Company, for dinner. Mmmmm....their burgers were miiiiiighty delicious PLUS defensive coordinator, Sean McDermott, happened to be eating next to us and just happened to pick up my hat that fell on the floor. Of course I had no idea who he was, but Jeremy and Reuben sure did.

The next morning we woke up early but for a good reason. FREE BREAKFAST. There's a new breakfast place opening in Baaaaaaaaallantyne, Another Broken Egg Cafe, and they invited YMCA staff and families to come and be guinea pigs before their grand opening. We started out with a cinnamon roll that pretty much melted in our mouths. Jeremy went with biscuits and gray while I went with my breakfast usual of shrimp and grits. Oh. My. It was soooooooo good.


After we didn't feel fat anymore from breakfast, we ended the day with a trip to the pool.

Pool time!
Our weekend sort of squeezed it's way into Monday which is A-okay with me. Thanks to a friend, we got tickets to see an advanced screening of "Meet the Millers". We had a feeling this movie would be funny but that movie had me crying, I was laughing so hard. And that never happens. It is definitely a must-see. GO SEE IT (if you want a good laugh)!


And that my friends was our weekend. Twas a good one. Now I'm ready for the next!


No comments:

Post a Comment