Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wedding Season

We had a 5K race and a wedding all in the same day. One event called for running shoes and the other, some heels. Luckily there was some down-time in the middle of the day for a nap.

The day started with a very early 5:30AM wake up call but I awoke with happy spirits as Elyse was joining Sairy and I for her very first 5K. We were also a part of a Corporate Team representing Lockers Unlimited made up of the awesome Norman family. The start of the Run! Ballantyne race began and I stuck to the outside of the road successfully avoiding the mob of people running the 3 and 6 mile race. I saw a few friends along the way giving Sairy a high five when I saw her loop around and waving at Elyse rocking it at the halfway point. It was an uphill battle to the finish line but I walked away with a personal best of 25:50 and 4th in my age group! I guess all that running lately is paying off :). Sairy happily got 3rd in our age group earning a sweet medal, engraved and everything!

Running with my besties!

Lockers Unlimited Team!

3rd place medal!
Later that evening it was time for a suit and tie (can you tell I'm excited to see Justin Timberlake)  as we got ready for the wedding of our good friends Caitlin and Parker (Andrew). This wedding was absolutely adorable and we couldn't be more excited for the happy couple! They had the cutest personal touches to their special day throughout the ceremony and reception.  Minus the fact that I totally fell down the stairs while approaching the dance floor (pretty sure the only witnesses were Jeremy and the mother of the bride), it's always nice catching up with old friends you haven't seen in a while. Congrats, Caitlin and Parker! Welcome to married life. It's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

My handsome date!
Yay! Married.
Such a cute cake topper! The bride is a Tar Heel and the groom is a Clemson Tiger.
With Chelsea. I miss this one! 
High School reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment