Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hot Chocolate Christmas Bags

Every year Jeremy and I like to give a little something special to our co-workers for the holidays. This year I made Mexican Hot Chocolate from scratch and packaged it in the cutest little brown bag around.


It's because of Pick Your Plum that I got the idea to send out hot chocolate in decorated bags. They posted the bags that you see above on their site and with it they provided pictures of what you could do with it. I thought it was pretty genius and doable, so I tried my hand at it and I must say, it turned out pretty successful.

So what is Pick Your Plum, you ask? It's an awesome website that emails you a daily deal on unique personalized products and crafting supplies at a HUGE discount price. Sometimes you have to be quick because they sell out on certain items pretty rapidly! All products ship fast and with a small goody included, just to make you smile!

I don't know what site I was on that lead me to Pick Your Plum, but whatever it was I love/hate them. I LOVE them because Pick Your Plum is nothing but AWESOME and hate them because sometimes I end up spending too much or getting more crafty ideas to add to my "To-Do" list :)

I used the recipe for the hot chocolate mix (from this blog) below, used washi tape (that I got from Pick Your Plum) for the first time (and I love it!) and packaged the mix beautifully with the help of Jeremy. Yes, Jeremy helped! He is pretty much the best husband around.



Mexican Hot Chocolate Mix
  • 3 cups non fat dry milk powder
  • 1 ¾ cups powdered sugar
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • 1 ½ cups cocoa powder
  • ¾ cup white chocolate chips
  • ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • ¼ Tsp. salt
  • 2 Tsp. corn starch
  • ½ Tsp. cinnamon
  • ¼ Tsp. cayenne pepper


In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
In batches, pulse mixture in a food processor until smooth and well combined.
Store in a sealed container in a dry and dark place.
To make hot chocolate, put 1/3 cup of mixture into a mug and mix with hot water or milk.
Top with marshmallows and a sprinkle of cinnamon.




No comments:

Post a Comment