Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cloud Nine

If you know me, you know that I like love Jason Mraz. If you follow me on Twitter or seen me in person, then you know I've been counting down the days until his tour stopped in Charlotte. I scored front row seats thanks to a Pre Pre-Sale and I was able to take my best friend, Sairy, who had never seen him live. I was beyond excited and all Tuesday evening I was on Cloud Nine.


I knew this tour was going to be good from all the feedback I had heard from fans on twitter. I had seen pictures and videos from the same tour, Tour Is A Four Letter Word, overseas making me even more excited for the start of it in the U.S. Plus the addition of Christina Perri was just added excitement. That is one talented girl who can sing. It was bound to be a good night. Sairy and I were lucky enough to meet with her after her set. It was literally 5 seconds that we spent with her but she was very gracious and down to earth. She gained two new fans that night.


Jason Mraz does not disappoint. His voice is too amazing to disappoint. His voice sounded better than ever. He did an awesome job of putting a set list together that consisted of a good mix of old and new songs from the gabillion tunes he has to choose from. Our seats were to the left of the stage so I about peed my pants when he moved from the center of the stage to our side to sing a few songs. He was seriously less than 10 feet in front of us. I definitely blocked out the thousands of people surrounding me and pretended that he was serenading me. A girl can dream right?

Mona! This chic is awesome. 
This was during "Plane", my favorite song he played for the night. Photo by Sairy :)
Photo by Sairy :)

Speaking of dreaming...I kid you not, Mraz and I locked eyes for at least 20 seconds while he was singing "I'm Yours". I have Sairy for proof! She nudged me about halfway through because she noticed the eye contact. She said he laughed when he saw that she nudged me. Ahhh, if only I had a video for proof so you wouldn't think I was crazy!

Jason ended the night with an encore of "I Won't Give Up" and taking a bow with his touring family. I could have easily stayed all night but as we were exiting the front row, one of the camera guys gave me a guitar pick that Jason had been throwing out to the crowd throughout the show. I bet that camera guy has no idea how much it means to me.

Loving the artwork on this guitar
During Distance

If you see me within the next two weeks randomly smiling to myself, it's because I'm reliving the night of awesomeness. That's seven shows to add to my Jason Mraz list. I don't think I'll ever get tired of him. Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment