Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

It's not everyday you get the opportunity to dress as Troy Polamalu at work (I happen to look related to the guy). Our department had a costume + cube decoration contest for Halloween. I won neither but it was still fun to celebrate the day! I had to take advantage in dressing up :)



Costume Contest

Welcome to my cube. Muahahahaaaaaaaa

Bat-O-Lanterns! I made these myself!

Mummy!
Included with our contests was an office-wide snack day. I decided to make some scrumptious Pumpkin Dip that sounds as good as it tastes. It reminds me of the delicious Pumpkin Torte my mom makes during the holidays. It's the perfect dessert for this time of year.  The dip is very light and tastes great with apples, ginger snaps, or Vanilla Wafers. Nom nom nom! It only took 10 minutes to whip up so if you're in a time crunch, it's the perfect dish to make! Below is the recipe:


Pumpkin Dip
One 15 oz can of pumpkin pie mix
One 5 oz box of instant vanilla pudding
One 16 oz container of cool whip
1/2 tbl Pumpkin Pie Spice 
1/2 tbl Cinnamon
• Mix pumpkin, pudding mix, cool whip, and pumpkin pie spice together (by hand) in a large bowl.
• Chill for several hours before serving.
• Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve with fresh apples slices, vanilla wafers or ginger snaps.


I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween! It will be our first Halloween in our own home and we are super excited. There are plenty of kids in the neighborhood, so we're hoping to see some great costumes and give out lots of candy! Hopefully Apollo won't scare them off when they come to the door :)

No comments:

Post a Comment