Thursday, July 14, 2011

With this ring, I thee wed...

I can't help but smile while I start writing this blog. Problem is, I don't know where to start. I guess the best place is the beginning.

Sleep came easy to me the night before. I had done all that I could do to make the wedding unique and fun. I awoke the next morning to a tweet that my lovely husband-to-be left on twitter:
"Thought I woke up with butterflies - false alarm, just gas. "
It was going to be a great day. I could feel it.

The girls and I got our hair done at Carmen! Carmen! Salon in Ballantyne. I got there a few hours earlier than the rest since I have a lot of hair and we wanted it to look perfect for the big day. For those of you wondering, I had it straightened the night before and then that morning my hairdresser made big curls and pinned it all up. I must say she did a FABULOUS job! My hair was fixed and ready before my girls even got there! All I could do was wait for them to finish so we could head to the church!

Photo Credit: Themba Imagery

Next, I got my makeup done by the talented Latisha Ross. She did an absolutely stunning job! She made me look and feel beautiful! She is beyond awesome and I love being around her.

Photo Credit: Themba Imagery


Once I got into my dress it was Go time! My heart was pounding but there was no nervousness to be found. I was just ready to head down the aisle and marry the handsome man that would be waiting for me.

Photo Credit: Themba Imagery
Photo Credit: Themba Imagery
Photo Credit: Themba Imagery
Photo Credit: Themba Imagery

As I took my Dad's arm and walked down the isle, my only focus was Jeremy. Everyone else was a blur (sorry people). I didn't even hear the music. I just saw the smile on Jeremy's face which made me feel golden in return. I was too happy, too excited, too joyful to cry.

Photo Credit: Themba Imagery
Jeff did an awesome job leading the ceremony. I'm sure our family and friends appreciated the fact that he turned us around so they could actually see the front of us instead of staring at our back the entire time. He then stepped to the center of the isle and explained the history and the liveliness the unusual church still holds.


My favorite part of the ceremony was revealing my vows to Jeremy. We each wrote what I call "love notes" to each other, expressing our love and commitment to one another. Afterward, we repeated the traditional vows. And then you know what happens. We kiss and are officially husband and wife! Woohoo! I couldn't help but giggle when we repeated "til death do us part". It made me think of the blog :)

Photo Credit: Themba Imagery


We danced and celebrated down the isle to Stevie Wonder's, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours". We then got showered with yellow and white rose petals as we made our formal exit before taking a TON of pictures by the wonderful Themba Imagery team, Sunny and Becky.



Photo Credit: Themba Imagery


Once done with pictures, we headed to the White Water Center in our freshly decorated car to have some FUN (and take more pictures)! We unintentionally proceeded to litter Sunny's car with  decorations that flew off our car while she followed us there :)


To avoid making this particular blog extra long, I'll write about the Reception in a separate post. You're welcome :)

Photo Credit: Themba Imagery


For more photos of the Wedding, please visit http://thembaimagery.zenfolio.com/ashajeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment