Sunday, July 30, 2017

Working Mama


I never would have thought that getting laid off from my full-time job at 34 weeks pregnant would be a blessing in disguise. It was because of this little hiccup in my career that I got to spend 19 glorious weeks with my little nugget. I couldn't imagine going to work after the sad U.S. norm of 6-8 short weeks. For anyone who has to go through that, I tip my hat off to you.

It was May when I got the call from my former manager at MetLife expressing that a position had opened up on his Corporate Brand and Marketing team for Brighthouse Financial. After a few discussions, we agreed that I would start in July.

Needless to say, I snuggled and held Elijah tight for the coming weeks leading to my first day of work. I made sure to savor the moments that I had with my boy, making the most of each second.

I literally wanted to hold on to him like this for a week



The first week was hard but it has gotten easier. Having Jeremy on summer break from school and able to be home for the month of July has helped ease into the transition. He updates me with photos throughout the day and I would probably be a blubbery mess if it weren't for those hilarious selfies he sends. Those two know how to have a good time while I'm away.






Although I miss Elijah tremendously throughout the day, it feels good to step out of my sweats and have conversations with my coworkers. Lucky for me, I have been surrounded by a great team and they keep my spirits up by having me laughing (sometimes non-stop) throughout the day.

Coming home to a smiling baby is the best feeling in the world. It is easily the best part of my day and I don't put him down until it's time for bed. I am beyond grateful for the time that Elijah and I spent together. I know he's in THE BEST hands while I work hard to provide for his future. I hope he saves all of those milestone moments for home!





No comments:

Post a Comment