Friday, June 2, 2017

My First Mother's Day


My first Mother's Day was a sweet one where my guys spoiled me from the moment I woke up.

Elijah tried to give me the gift of sleep as he slept soundly until 5 AM, something he hadn't done up until that point. Unfortunately, I was up at his usual 2 AM wake-up call waiting for his hungry cries. Le sigh.

Jeremy took over Elijah's 7AM feeding so I could get some shut-eye but right before heading back to bed, he revealed a Mother's Day video capturing moments of our little family from day one. I watched the video over and over again before I could get back to sleep. It filled my heart with joy seeing how much our little nugget had grown over the past two and half months.


After 3 solid hours of sleep, I was treated to breakfast in bed. It was scrumptious!


Later that afternoon, we enjoyed lunch at Panera Bread celebrating Grammy J and her awesomeness at being a mom as well. At that point, I was very tired and forgot to take pictures but here's a picture in her honor.


We celebrated my mom the following weekend with a little gardening and brunch.














Later that week I received a locket that I will treasure forever. Words can't express how much I enjoy being a Mama. I feel so honored to carry this title for the rest of my life.

"The day we met. 2.25.17. I love you Mom."


No comments:

Post a Comment