Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Thirty-One

My 31st birthday was the first that I celebrated as a Mama. It was the first time not caring about myself as all of my energy these days goes to my little one. I forgot multiple times that my big day was coming up and honestly didn't care about receiving gifts and whatnot. My gift came early in February.



My wonderful husband, however, had different plans. I would have gladly been a hermit, spending the day cooped up in the house with Elijah. Despite my plans of being anti-social, Jeremy talked me into having Grammy J take over for the day while we ventured out, just the two of us; something we hadn't done for the past two months.


We decided to spend the day in Plaza Midwood. Our first stop was lunch at a burger joint we had been eyeing for months, Moo & Brew. Jeremy went for the Peter Piper, a jalapeƱo bacon firecracker, and I had a delicious turkey burger with a side of rosemary, truffle and sea salt fries. Yes, they were as good as they sound.



Next, we did some window shopping at Green with Envy, a boutique shop with a variety of local, hand-crafted vendors selling anything from candles, dish towels, jewelry, and assorted T's and tanks.


Since I tortured Jeremy with shopping at a boutique store, we headed to Lunchbox Records to expand our album selection. Lucky for us we stumbled upon The Lion King soundtrack, a treasured album for both of us. It was my favorite purchase of the day. Perfect for my 31-year-old heart.



Our last stop was to satisfy our sweet tooth at Two Scoops Creamery, home of unique, homemade flavors of ice cream. Jeremy stepped outside the box and got a scoop of "Yabba Dabba Doo" (Fruity Pebbles) while I kept it classic with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.





To say were were exhausted would be an understatement. Even though we were without the little one, we were still sleep deprived! It was fun, nonetheless. Coming home to our little nugget was icing on top of the cake.


That night, we danced the night away to The Lion King Soundtrack.



And with that, my 31st birthday was complete. My first birthday as a Mama wasn't so bad after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment