Monday, December 12, 2016

What's In A Name



When you know, you know.

Sometimes God gives you little things that, for whatever reason just sticks with you. A song, a moment, or a name.

Since high school, I had always loved a certain name. It was a name that, to me, just represented strength and greatness. It was the name of a great prophet in the Old Testament. And it even matched well with my last name. So I held on to it... and kept holding onto it. Until the time had finally come.

Baby Singleton's name is...

Elijah James Singleton

Elijah was the name I've always loved and knew I would name my son one day.

Elijah - meaning (Hebrew) "Jehovah is God" or "my God is Yahweh." Elijah was the name of the great prophet of Israel in the Old Testament. Elijah was so gangsta too.

2 Kings 1:11-12
(11) Again the king sent to him another captain of fifty men with his fifty. And he answered and said to him, "O man of God, this is the king's order, 'Come down quickly!'" (12) But Elijah answered them, "If I am a man of God, let fire come down from heaven and consume you and your fifty." Then the fire of God came down from heaven and consumed him and his fifty.

That's the kind of relationship I need with God.

And maybe the best part of it all. At the end of his life, this great prophet went out in the most gangsta way possible - he was carried STRAIGHT to HEAVEN in a CHARIOT OF FIRE.

A chariot.

Of. Fire.

Like... c'mon, son.

So there it is. We absolutely can not wait until March when Elijah finally enters the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment