Sunday, September 13, 2015

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye

The chorus to this classic pretty much sums it up.


I've worked with the YMCA of Greater Charlotte for the past 10 years. It was an awesome 10 years. I always considered it a blessing to work with a Christian organization that does real work helping others. 

It all started as a summer job in 2005 working with kids in the "Fun Zone" at the Morrison Family YMCA. What followed was a fun journey to Afterschool and Camp, valuable time at the Steele Creek YMCA branch, and eventually ending in the Marketing Department for the Morrison Family YMCA community. 

I think one of the best things that can happen at work is when co-workers become friends.  Your job becomes a little less like a job when you enjoy the people you're working with.  I can honestly say, at each stop, I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers… my friends. The relationships built throughout the past 10 years will not be forgotten and will forever be cherished.

Yup, that's me in the suit.


Why WOULDN'T you spend a camp day as Spider-Man?!


Loved these kids! My time here was invaluable!















The YMCA mission: "To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all." I believe in that. And because I believe in that, it made it much easier to dedicate my time and energy to live that mission.

And now that my YMCA journey has come to an end, I will carry on that mission and begin a new adventure. I'm taking my talents to... high school?! Yup, I'm now teaching at Carmel Christian School. This year I'm teaching Graphic Design, Intro to Computer Programming, Honors Computer Science, Computer Aided Design, Robotics, Web Design, and Yearbook. I'm also now referred to as "Mr. Singleton." (Still getting used to that)

To my Y people - please continue to keep in touch! I love you all! I'm gonna miss ya, but I'm very excited for this new chapter in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment