Sunday, January 25, 2015

Something Borrowed

I love it when a vision comes to life. I had been daydreaming of my desk area in our master bedroom for quite some time. This is embarrassing to admit but this project is 2 years in the making.

It all started when my grandparents wedding gift was graciously passed down to me. They were given a beautiful, brass mirror that hung in their home for years. I knew it was special and wanted to put it into use in our own home. I painted the brass white and eventually got Jeremy to hang the mirror in the perfect spot.



The mirror looked great but sadly, it hung alone for a while. I searched for the perfect desk to pair it with and after a year, Sauder was my answer. I was a kid at Christmas when the parts arrived at our doorstep. My handyman husband had the desk built in one hour leaving me giddy with glee.


The fun part came next. I dug out a few of my wedding essentials; my shoes and flowers from my sash. I framed the delicate, white flowers on a burlap background and put my shoes on display, placing them in a glass jar. Now I am always reminded of the sweet messages that my mom, mother-in-law, aunt and bridesmaids wrote on the soles before walking down the aisle. I always wanted to display my shoes in a unique way and I was over the moon to finally do so.





A few vintage books and jewelry filled the remaining space as I did a happy dance around the house. I found the perfect chair at World Market for the finishing touch that brought everything together. I now sit at my desk, pretending to be a queen, happily reminded of my grandparents love, memories of my wedding and an organized space that warms my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment