Thursday, July 17, 2014

Out the Door in 2004. Back in 2014.


I can't believe it's been 10 years. 10 years since I've put on that red cap and gown and walked across the Charlotte Coliseum stage (which is sadly no longer around). I was giddy with excitement when a facebook group started for our 10 year reunion. We were updated weekly with pictures from our high school years, songs that were popular at the time and fun facts about the reunion itself. I was excited to show off my hunky husband and mingle with some old familiar faces that I hadn't seen in a while.




We were fresh off of our cruise when we walked into The Dilworth Neighborhood Grille full of people I grew up with. I must admit, my stomach was full of knots but within minutes, I was at ease talking, mingling and introducing Jeremy to old track-mates, fellow band geeks and of course, the friends I still hang out with to this day. We had the best time hanging out with Parents-To-Be -- Chelsea and Jeremy, newlyweds -- Parker and Caitlin and chatting it up with Sairy and others over food, drinks and live music.




It was great having all of those South Meck Sabres in one room again. It was definitely a site to see how everyone had changed...and some who haven't much at all :) I'm sure 15 years will bring even more changes and surprises to the class of 2004. Until then, party peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment