Tuesday, April 15, 2014

All in the Family

I believe the most valuable thing we all posses is time. And it's easy to see where your heart is if you just look to see where you spend your time. And the amazing thing about it - none of us know how much time we actually have. We know there are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we assume we'll wake up day after day and go about our business, but we all know for a fact the next day is never guaranteed. 

So with that said, Asha and I ventured down to spend time with some family and celebrate my grandfather's 79th birthday. It was a surprise party with just about all of his children in attendance. My brother and I hadn't seen him in a while and Asha had never met him before, along with some of my aunts and uncles, so this was going to be a big celebration.

The surprise celebration took place at Red Lobster. I have to admit, it was pretty special seeing the shock and happiness on his face once he arrived and saw everyone there to see him. I was also impressed he pretty much remembered everything about my brother and I especially considering we hadn't seen him in quite some time.

It turned out to be a great time spent with family which is always good. It was one of those moments that was just pure joy and happiness and a memory I'm sure everyone there will cherish.












No comments:

Post a Comment