Friday, April 25, 2014

Twenty-Eight


Another year, another birthday in the books! I lucked out on awesome events landing on my big day this year, happily celebrating surrounded by loved ones.

Going into work on my birthday wasn't so bad this year. Not only did Elyse decorate my cube and make amaaaazing shirley temple cupcakes, the entire marketing team went bowling! The bowling wasn't necessarily to celebrate my birthday...it was more of a bonding exercise for the team. Either way, we were out of the office and it was my birthday. I call that a win! We split into teams and I walked away winning both games AND scoring over 100 each time (that's always my goal). It was a great time spent laughing and enjoying time with co-workers and friends.






Next on the agenda was an Eric Huthcinson concert! Concerts on your birthday are simply the best. Saints of Valory opened up the show with an amazing performance grabbing our attention with drum solos and uplifting sounds. I won't be surprised if they make it big-time soon. I can't get enough of their current EP and am excited for whenever a full album is available. Eric Hutchinson soon came out and didn't disappoint with his sing along melodies and classic Hutchinson dance moves. Jeremy, Elyse and I bugged Hutch throughout the day via twitter asking him for a birthday shoutout. Sure enough, about midway through the show, he mentioned my name, looked & found me in the crowd and said Happy Birthday to me and a few others who claimed it was their birthday as well. Cloud 9. I was on Cloud 9. Hutch had the entire crowd on their feet and dancing for the next 1.5 hours. He even jumped into the crowd at one point! We stayed after to meet and say thank you for the sweet shoutout and to let him know my day was made.



Saints of Valory
Eric Hutchinson

Everybody with Eric Hutchinson
The night sadly ended but my birthday celebration continued with family that weekend. We all gathered together on Sunday to celebrate Easter as we feasted on the usual Easter dinner consisting of ham, green bean casserole, macaroni & cheese and our beloved family fave, strawberry shortcake. I am always grateful that both families (Jeremy's and mine) get along so well and that we can spend time with one another over the holidays. We had a blast entertaining Keegan as we dyed Easter egg monsters full of hair, stickers and glitter. It was a great way to end my birthday celebrations and, as always, I'm excited to see what another year brings. Twenty-eight, let's do this!








No comments:

Post a Comment