Sunday, December 8, 2013

November Wrap Up

I took way too many pictures in the month of November for me to not share, so before December gets away from me, here's a little recap of November.

I started off the month with a little painting at Wine & Design with close friends from work. We rushed down to Charlotte quickly after ending our work day in Salisbury and had the best of times painting, gabbing and laughing our way through our paintings. I'm not a huge fan of my work, especially when it stands next to Elyse's and Donna's! If you can't tell, they are both pros compared to me. We painted peacock feathers and mine looks like it was dropped in a puddle and had gone through a wind storm, while there's are pretty much perfect. Regardless, we all had a great time and I can't wait to do it again!




I had been on a 4 week running hiatus when the weekend of the 5K for Karl snuck up on me. Julius, Sairy's fiance, had signed us up for his fraternity's annual 5K at Wofford College. 5K for Karl supports the loss of Karl Alexander, a member of Kappa Sigma Fraternity, who sadly passed away due to a heart condition after his first year at Wofford College. All of the race proceeds were funded to support the Karl Alexander Memorial Scholarship to benefit a future scholar at Wofford. Sairy and I couldn't have been more motivated to run for Karl even though it had been a while since I had laced up my running shoes. Sairy ran her little heart out and placed FIRST FEMALE OVERALL with a time of 24:45. How awesome is that?! That's pretty hard to do in any race so I was more than proud and excited for her. With Sairy placing first overall, that left me with the 1st in my age group. We were running with a bunch of youngin's  in college so I'm guessing that's how I placed because my time was pretty awful. I came in at a time of 30:38 but happy to have finally started back up running.  Afterwards, we rewarded ourselves with Krispy Kreme donuts...the breakfast of champions!




On Tuesday, November 12th, Charlotte had it's first snow of the season. The weather reports had called for it days before, but let's be real, I didn't really think it would actually happen. On my way home, I slowly noticed the rain turning into tiny white flakes. By the time I reached home, it was coming down non-stop. A little stuck but that was just enough to make me happy. Oh...and Apollo wasn't as thrilled to see the cold white stuff.



JUSTIN TIMERLAKE!!!!!!!! Justin came to Raleigh, NC and blew us away with an unforgettable 3 hour performance. It was the best date night everrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!


Elyse invited me along to walk and shop at Charlotte's annual Southern Christmas Show. I had never been before, so I was more than excited to go. We both walked away with great Christmas gifts, ornaments and more as I was happy to finally experience all the hype.


This is a little embarrassing to admit, but I had been running in the same shoes for the past 4 years. That's a major no-no in any runner's book so I finally bit the bullet and bought some new *bright* running shoes. My first run out, I dirtied them up on a few trail runs with Sairy. On our second trail run of the month, we both tumbled to the ground falling (and laughing) as we tripped over roots (or our own two feet)...nothing has changed since we've been running together in high school.



The Fall season isn't complete without a bonfire and s'mores taking place. Our friends happily hosted a great chili dinner and s'more-making get-together as we talked all things football, family and more.



The Hunger Games: Catching Fire finally made it's debut in theaters! You better believe I was there opening night with Chelsea by my side. Catching Fire was my favorite book of the trio so I was probably a little too excited to finally see it play out on screen. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome and loved every minute of it!


My Dads birthday usually falls around the weekend of Thanksgiving when we're out of town. Luckily this year it landed on a weekend where the entire family was in town and we were able to get together! We catered in Bojangles' and watched the Panthers play against Miami and WIN! The win made getting everyone huddled together for a family picture much easier and more enjoyable :)




THANKSGIVING! My favorite holiday happened and it was better than ever. I love getting together with my extended family. They are simply the best. It was the perfect way to end the spectacular month of November.



No comments:

Post a Comment