Friday, April 26, 2013

Twenty Seven

It was my birthday so he had to take pictures with me without complaining :)
I'm am officially one year older and I've got the few extra grey hairs to prove it. My sister always enjoys pointing those little hairs out to me :) Twenty-Six was a good year but twenty-seven got off to a REALLY good start. When I say really good start, I mean it.

6 AM rolled around and I crept out of the bed making sure not to startle my [handsome] sleeping husband. I stepped in the shower and about midway through, I hear the strumming of a guitar. Jeremy had quietly stepped in and started serenading me singing Happy Birthday, happily showing off his growing guitar skills. That man sure knows how to make me smile.

As I was getting ready, I grabbed my purse and realized Jeremy had bought me a new book, strategically placing it where I would notice. That book just happened to have my current obsession, Mindy Kaling, on the front cover. I had been eying her book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) the past few months and I guess it was a little obvious that I needed it in my life. I did a little happy dance and was on my way to work.

My morning was off to a great start but I was overwhelmed with happiness as I walked up to a decorated desk full of banners, cupcakes (specialized just for me), rice krispie treats, and two pretty {awesome} thoughtful gifts. I was beyond excited about everything and I'm not gonna lie....it took me a while to get some actual work done that morning.

York Peppermint Patty cupcakes!

Naturally,  my birthday breakfast consisted of a cupcake and 2 rice krispie treats :)

Lunch was spent outside on the patio at one of my favorite Salisbury spots, Palms Cafe. Calories don't count on your birthday so I, of course, ordered my go-to Turkey Crepe with a Cheerwine on the side. That meal never disappoints :)

That night it was time to meet up with my closest friends and my birthday twin, Chelsea! We celebrated at The Cowfish Sushi Burger Bar with tons of laughs, memories, and good food. Again, calories don't count on your birthday and I ended up finishing a 3 layer cake pretty much all by myself. I offered to share but everyone sheepishly only took 2 or 3 bites. I happily finished the rest :)



Happy Birthday to us!




That whole taking pictures without complaining on my birthday rule? Yeah....he decided to do this instead.

Kisses from my beast!

We continued celebrating with my family over the weekend. Good burgers and cake filled my stomach and I was one happy camper. Jeremy and Michael aren't pictured below because well, Jeremy was taking the picture and Michael doesn't like pictures. Keegan and my dad had no choice :D



A big thanks to everyone who gave me a birthday shout out on facebook, twitter, and instagram! Or the old fashioned way, in person. You made me smile from ear to ear. :D

Alright twenty-seven, let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment