Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend

I started out the weekend with a 5K in Downtown Concord with my BFF, Sairy. With our bunny ears in place, we got the run down of the course from some friends and nervously awaited the start of the race. No matter how many races we run, we tend to get nervous for each and every one. The first mile was the easiest as it was downhill. Mile two was enjoyable because it was flat (my favorite!) but then mile 3 came along and I trudged up 2 giant hills to the finish line. All of the hard work paid off in the end while I surprisingly brought home a 2nd place (in our age group) award and Sairy brought home the gold, coming in 1st! We were both ecstatic because this NEVER happens to the both of us when we run together. One of us either gets 3rd or we both don't even place at all. It was definately a great start to the weekend.




After we accepted our awards, we decided to reward ourselves with some Krispy Kreme donuts. We asked Siri for the nearest place and she directed us towards a "factory". We were skeptical to follow but donuts were on the brain and that's all we really wanted. We decided to follow Siri's directions but...there was no Krispy Kreme in sight when we reached our "destination". We hadn't given up hope and decided to visit the one closest to my house. As we excitedly pulled up to the entrance  our hearts sank as the parking lot was blocked off with a huge sign saying that they were closed for renovations. Bummer. Needless to say, we gave up on the donuts and headed home.

That night, Jeremy and I parted ways. He went to watch basketball (March Madness) with friends and I got to spend the evening with my favorite nephew, Keegan! The parentals were in need of a date night and I was happy to help and give them an evening to themselves.

The cutest little Mountaineer!
He wasn't a huge fan of the ears so I stopped torturing him.
We had planned to visit Jeremy's family in Charleston, SC the next morning but plans changed and we stayed in town. I made no plans to cook since I thought we would be traveling so we ordered some food after church and invited both sets of parents to our home for a feast! It sure does come in handy to have our in-laws close by! We spent the afternoon catching up and everyone slipped away before I could grab a group picture! Sneaky, sneaky. Everyone probably did it on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment