Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mmmbop

I got to re-live my inner 10 year old self the other night.  That's right, I went to a Hanson concert with my friend Elyse and her twin, Rachel.  None of our guys wanted to attend so we decided to make it a girls night out.  There were, however, a pretty good amount of guys there.  Some were with what looked to be girlfriends while others just looked like they were fans.  Something I wasn't expecting.


They put on a pretty good show.  I've wanted to see them since I was in 5th grade.  I remember they came to Charlotte at one point back then but it was sold out and my mom wasn't going to let me go either way.  They've been to Charlotte many times since then.  I just for some reason never went.


All in all, it was a great show.  I was impressed with both them and the dedication of their fans (I'll get to that later).  They played some old songs off their first album (Mmmbop and Where's the Love) but also some new ones off their most current album (Shout It Out).  My only complaint was that they came on wayyyy too late.  They didn't start until 10:30!  Don't they know I had been up since 5am and that I was tired?  Anyways...my favorite part of the show was this:





I don't know the name of that song.  Sorry.


It sucks being short.  I swear, everyone at that show was taller than me.  It made it hard to see.  Every time we would move to a new spot, a tall person was in my way.  All Hanson fans must be tall.  Speaking of Hanson fans...they are a pretty enthusiastic and passionate bunch.  I was able to do a lot of people watching and everyone knew all the words to every song and when to jump and when to wave their hands in the air.  It was like they knew what to do and when to do it, all at the right time.  I felt left behind.  In fact, at one point during the show, Taylor asked how many had been to a show before and at least 85% that I could see raised their hands.  He then asked show many had been to a show 5 times or more and only a few people put their hands down.  Some girl had a sign that said she had been to 25 Hanson shows and she wasn't even 18 yet.  Now that's dedication and crazy all at the same time.


Here are a few pictures from the night.  Zac is still my favorite :)

Taylor

Isaac

Zac

Hanson!

No comments:

Post a Comment