Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Check that off the list

Things just keep on coming together and it's EXCITING!!!  Within a week, I've booked an amaaaaaazing photographer.  We've found an officiant.  The bridesmaid dresses have been chosen and we may not have to make our own wedding cake after all!  Check, check, check, and check!  Crossing these major things off the list feels great and puts us one step closer to the big day!


It feels good to finally have our photographer in tact and we have a great one at that!  Photography is very important to me but it can be very expensive and our budget was making it hard to find a quality photographer.  I had my friend Sunny in mind from the very beginning.  Luckily she was willing to work with our budget and give me a great deal!  I am so excited to work with her.  I know we'll be comfortable working with her since her positivity and outlook on life is so uplifting.  I love being around her and I know she'll make the big day even more enjoyable.  Check out her website, thembaimagery.com or her flickr. Be prepared to see some more talent!


Another person I had in mind from the beginning was my former minister, Jeff Gardner.  His kids were actually my first step to my babysitting career.  They're now in college! Crazy!  I'm so excited that Jeff is available for our date.  It feels special to have someone familiar with my family to marry Jeremy and I. We met with him last week and he has so much to offer.  Is it normal to actually look forward to the marriage counseling? I guess it is when you know you're marrying the right person. 


This past weekend was the first time that I had all my bridesmaids in one room! We headed to David's Bridal to look for bridesmaid dresses.  I had the dress I wanted them to wear already in mind. I just wanted to make sure that they actually liked it and felt comfortable in it.  Of course they all looked gorgeous in everything so it was a quick and easy task to cross of the list.  It was a fun, stress-free hour to spend with my girls! Hopefully they really can wear the dress more than once.


We went with one of these dresses. You'll have to wait until June to find out which one :)
Project DIY Cake is no more!  *sigh of relief*  Well, at least I'm pretty sure it is no more.  My friend, Aimee and I were talking and she asked me if I would actually have the time and energy to bake the cake the night before.  After thinking realistically about it...heck no! I'm not going to have enough time.  I'm sure all of you thought the same thing when I posted a blog about it.  So I got to thinking and I remembered that her mom caters and her sister makes some awesome cakes (I've been able to witness some pretty tasty birthday cakes).  Jeremy and I are meeting with the Gables this week to hopefully work out a wedding cake in our budget!


Jeremy and I are lucky to have such talented and accomplished friends in our lives. Everyone who is helping with the wedding is someone we've known and trust.  It feels great to have them help with the wedding and make our day unique and special.                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment