Friday, August 5, 2016

Julyin'

Peanut Butter Pop-Up Booth
I learned from Charlotte Agenda of a Peanut Butter Pop-up booth for dogs being held one Saturday morning. Have you seen those photo stills of dogs mid-shake; jowls showing and drool everywhere? That was the idea of this pop-up except with peanut butter. It was hot, but worth the wait. Plus I learned that an old friend from high school was the dog photog! Apollo did great and was quite proud of himself for getting up on the bench.








This Land was Made for You and Me
This 4th of July was started with the American 4-miler held in Dillworth. I signed up for this race at the very beginning of the year and pretty much forgot about it. So much so, that I thought it was a 5k (3 mile race) and not a 4-miler. Boy, was I wrong. I ran the race with no training and Jeremy (jokingly) told me that if I came in last, I had to find a ride home. Jerk!

The Pros-Sairy and Julius





 The rest of the day was dedicated to a very long nap and Jeremy grilling. He sure is enjoying his grill this summer!







Skill Pop
I've been eying Skill Pop classes for a few months now and I was super excited to attend my first class, Blogging Basics. What is Skill Pop you ask? They are pop-up classes offered monthly on skills you want to advance on. From how to market your small business, to chocolate 101, to how to buy a house, these hourly classes are a lot of bang for your buck.

At the Hygge Cowering building where classes are held

Ray LaMontagne
Jeremy and I missed Ray LaMontagne come through Charlotte during his last tour so we were excited to score tickets for his Ouroboros Tour. Surprisingly, we didn't enjoy the show as much as we had hoped. We could BARELY understand Ray as he spoke soft mumbles and he only played one song that we knew and enjoyed. We left early, haha.




Jolly Rolls Ice Cream
Oh. My. Gosh. We experienced the best ice cream ever in little ol' Waxhaw. Fresh, made-to-order and hand rolled right in front of you. This ice cream did NOT disappoint.



Make Burgers Great Again
I celebrated the start of CLT Burger week with friends from work, the National Hot Dog Eating Champ, Joey Chestnut, and linebacker for the Carolina Panthers, Thomas Davis. The goal? For professionals to eat FOUR Roadstar burgers as fast as they could. What's in the Roadstar burger you ask? Oh, just 4 cheeseburgers in one. So yeah, those guys downed 6 lbs of beef in record time. Joey did it in 4 minutes 28 seconds. Insane!!!



The amateurs (they had to eat two as quickly as they could)


The pros
Oh and I got to meet Thomas Davis! Cool dude!


Living Room Flood
Ugh. One night Jeremy picked up his book-bag from the floor and noticed that it was wet. We had been petsitting earlier that day and figured the dog had some sort of licking fetish. We brushed it off...

I then noticed that the entire spot where Jeremy's bag was felt a little wet. I thought it was odd so I told Jeremy. He decided to investigate a little more and noticed that the wet spot continued to Apollo's bed.  He then continued to feel the carpet and realized that it was soaked along the ENTIRE wall...the wall that backs up to our neighbors kitchen.

NOT GOOD.

By this time it was 10:30 P.M. We tried getting in contact with our neighbors but no answer. We dried our carpets the best we could but knew there was definate damage underneath. Later that week, we had our carpet removed and have been drying the wet cement that was underneath. Our house is a mess and I can't wait for it to get back to normal.



Matt Nathanson & Philip Phillips
July ended with a girls night out with Elyse. Matt Nathanson entertained us with his witty banter during each song and Philip Phillips jammed out with his staple songs Home and Raging Fire.


Matt Nathanson
Phillip Phillips
 Bye, July. Hello, August.

(this was not written by Jeremy...I'm too lazy to change it though)

No comments:

Post a Comment