Friday, August 12, 2016

GOALS, GOALS, GOALS

We're more than halfway through the year and my 2016 resolutions have been on my mind. Let's see how well I'm doing with 4.5 months left.

RUN
Haha, running. That's funny.

I did have good intentions with this goal. I even signed up for a series 6 pack of races throughout the year to keep my promise of running. I did great throughout January and February prepping for my first race in March but it was after that, that I fell off the running wagon.

I got a new membership in hopes of keeping up with my promise to run. That's another joke because I went to the gym once in July and haven't visited at all this August. Eh, I'll get back into it hopefully.

My next race is the Yiasou Greek Festival 5K in a few weeks. Wish me luck!



PAY OFF COLLEGE LOAN
San Diego happened. 



Vet bills for Apollo happened. 



Hawaii happened. 



I wouldn't change any of those experiences for the world but with all of those things going on, my college loan payment has stayed the same. We'll see if I can put a little more towards it during this next few months but I'm not holding my breath.

ALZHEIMER'S SUPPORT GROUP
Hey! Something I've actually accomplished this year! My sister and I joined an Alzheimer's support group in January. We've learned several facts, struggles and next steps we need to take while our mom suffers with this awful disease.

One of the best things we've walked away with is getting information about The Ivey, an adult daycare committed to brain stimulating activities, social interaction and friendships for those with Alzheimer's and dementia. My mom goes twice a week where she has a great time dancing, listening to music, and being a beast at cornhole. My sister and I literally cried tears of happiness when we witnessed by mom having the best time dancing with John Lewis, an Ivey regular who entertains all members. It was a special moment and a definite deciding factor in joining this great community.



NC BBQ MAP
Totally forgot about this one! I had purchased a NC BBQ map for Jeremy for Christmas. We were supposed to visit 5 stops on the map. We're lucky if we marked off two my accident. Oops.



T-SHIRT QUILT

Yeah...nowhere close on this one. Our t-shirts are still piled up in a corner waiting to either be shipped off for someone else to do the job OR they'll come with me to Thanksgiving so my cousin can give me a sewing lesson.



Reality check. I'm not doing so hot on these goals. I've got 4.5 months to get my act together.



No comments:

Post a Comment