Monday, December 15, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

It's the time of season where your house becomes a littler merrier as you decorate it with cheer, the sweet smell of cookies baking in the oven fills the air and the excitement of receiving snail mail from loved ones is shown on your face with a smile. We've started our own family traditions over the past few years, always excited for the Christmas season to begin.

O Christmas Tree.
A few of our family traditions are, of course, picking out a Christmas tree the weekend we get back from Thanksgiving. We found a cute little tree lot that had a great selection of sweet smelling Christmas trees. We quickly narrowed it down to a tall, full tree that we packed up and took home while sipping on the hot cider the owners of the lot had to offer. We strung some lights and placed our old (and new) ornaments from this years past adventures. We've made it a tradition to start collecting ornaments from towns and vacation spots we visit; a great idea from a friend. This year's new ornaments include The Cooper River Bridge from my very first 10K (the Cooper River Bridge Run), Jamaica (ya mon!), Colonial Williamsburg, The Olde Pink House of Savannah and lastly, Snoopy for my new job at MetLife!


Apollo the red nosed mastiff!







White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies.
It's that time to break out my recipe for white chocolate gingerbread cookies. I don't know what it is about these little things but people have said that they taste like Christmas. I have to say, I agree. Maybe it's something about the cinnamon, sugar and ginger...all topped off with white chocolate goodness. They are the best.


Snail Mail.
I admit. I have an obsession with Christmas cards. I could have mailed those babies off the first week of December but I stopped myself and told myself to wait at least another week. I can't tell you how much I enjoy receiving our friends and family's Christmas cards in the mail. It warms my heart. I love them all.





Christmas will be here before you know it! We hope it's filled with joy and love. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment