Monday, April 23, 2012

Twenty-Six

Twenty-Five was a great year in my life. I married my partner in crime, became a homeowner, and crossed some things (para-sailing & zip-lining) off my bucket list.

Twenty-Six is off to a great start. I encourage everyone to take the day off if their birthday lands during the work week. Chelsea (my birthday twin) persuaded me to play hooky for the day and she didn't have to twist my arm twice to convince me.

Not waking up to that brutal alarm was a gift in itself. My day was already off to a happy start. I did some quick freelance work and took Apollo for a nice walk and then it was off to see my nephew, Keegan, who I hadn't seen in quite some time.

Post-walk drool. I love him anyways.
Hanging out with Keegan and Mrs. Huxtable!
After my visit with my parents and Keegan, I had a visit with The Cheesecake Factory, accompanied by some of my favorite people; Jeremy, Chelsea and Aimee. Lunch was delicious followed by my favorite, Dulce de Leche cheesecake. Oh. My. Goodness. Sooooo so SO good.

Heaven.
I love sharing my birthday with her!
I've been pretty horrible about going to the movies lately. Jeremy always fusses that we miss the good ones because of me. To end this complaining of his, we went to see 21 Jump Street after lunch. That movie had me laughing the entire time. Loved it! Go see it if you haven't.

Once home, I got another gift from Ellen Degenerous and Jason Mraz. They may not know they gave me a birthday present, but they did all right. Ellen is my favorite comedian/talk show host and Jason Mraz is my favorite everything. He performed and talked on the show ON MY BIRTHDAY! Jason also just happened to release his 4th studio album, Love is a Four Letter Word, ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! How cool is that?! I also got to meet him 4 years ago ON MY BIRTHDAY. He must know.

love love love!!!!!
Jason Mraz birthday love.
Anyways, his new album is AMAZING and if you haven't got it, what are you waiting for? Go get it!  I've listened to it non-stop and I've got nothing but love for it! My current favorite song off the album is "Everything is Sound".

Ok, ok, enough about Mraz. Let's get back to my #1 love, Jeremy :) He outdid himself this year and made me search for my gifts around the house by doing a scavenger hunt that he created. I must say, I love his creativeness and how he thinks outside the box. He had me all over the house...under the sink, in the refrigerator, in the TRASH. Clue after clue, I was lead to the next destination. I love him for making me work for my gift :)

Birthday scavenger hunt!
I hope you all have a great week! Thank you for all the birthday love on Facebook and Twitter! You guys are the best :) Oh, and cheers to being 26!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment