Monday, September 12, 2011

Zuuuuuuuuuuuma!

For the entire month of August, I got to participate in the very popular group exercise class, Zumba!!! Food Lion was offering a weekly class to it's employees to help raise money for The Children's Miracle Network. It seemed like a great idea and ever since I stopped working at The Y, I've missed group exercise classes like crrrrazy. I had never done Zumba before, so I was super excited to see what all the hype was about.

Our instructor, Jennie, was a former temp that used to work at Food Lion. She volunteered to drive to Salisbury and teach classes every Tuesday for the month of August. Jennie was a ball of energy and taught great classes! We did the same routine for the first three weeks but changed it up during the last two. Being a part of these classes made me miss my Group Fitness Instructor Days at App.

It was nice to change up the routine and exercise right after work. I went home energized and feeling great. Plus I got to dance to some of my favorite songs that I run to: "Church" by T Pain, "I Can Transform Ya" by Chris Brown, and "Waka Waka (this time for Africa)" by Shakira. There were some new songs that I came to love too!  I felt silly doing the dance moves at first but I quickly got over it and just had fun with it :)

One afternoon, I had a Zumba song stuck in my head. Whenever this happens, I try to listen to it on iTunes or YouTube so I can get my fix of the song so it will go away. I decided to YouTube the song stuck in my head, "Pause" by Pitbull,  and it turns out there's a specific Zumba video to it! This is the exact routine that we learned! It gave me the giggles and I laughed in my cube the entire length of the video. 



Another good thing that came out of this weekly class was that our team of employees from the Marketing Department won a free lunch to one our of favorite restaurants in Salisbury, LA Murph's. Score!

Happy Zumbaing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment