Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

Words can't truly show my appreciation for the brave men and women that choose to willingly fight and give the ultimate sacrifice to protect our country. So I just wanted to take a moment to honor and remember those that have fallen, those that continue to fight and their families for their service.

With Memorial Weekend kicked off, I think we can agree that Summer is here. Jeremy and I started the weekend off right in true summer fashion with dinner at Moe's BBQ in downtown Matthews. We sat under the cool and crisp summer night and enjoyed our BBQ, fried corn on the cob and sweet cornbread. We continued our grand eating streak by lunching it the next day at Mint Hill Madness, a local festival celebrating the founding of the town held every Memorial Day. We stumbled across a food truck that featured rib plates that we couldn't pass up. We grubbed, walked around a bit and headed home to rest up for some strawberry picking later that day.

I'm not the biggest fan of strawberries but when there is any chance to spend time with my nephew, I'm in! We had a blast visiting Wise Acres, a local farm that grows organic strawberries in the spring. Unfortunately, we visited the farm pretty late in the strawberry season. Even though the strawberries were sparse, I was told they were surprisingly tasty despite their small size. I'll take their word for it as I happily sipped on my frozen strawberry lemonade slushy.





This melts my heart.




He did the head in his hand all by himself. What a cutie!

The next day was spent with more family as we loaded up the car (with an awesome bag I designed for Food Lion) and headed to a cookout. It's always a good time at the Singleton's as we stuffed our faces once again while Jeremy serenaded us with his guitar playing skills.







Love these two so much!


What better way to end the weekend than seeing The Amazing Spider-Man 2? It has been on our to-do list for weeks now and we finally got around to seeing one of our many favorite Marvel movies. It was the perfect ending to the weekend.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12347453/?claim=dr2z4g5d2ge">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment