Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Hunger Games

You guys. I think I'm having withdrawal like I did when I finished The Hunger Games book series. It's been less than 24 hours since attending my first ever midnight premiere for a movie but I'm ready to see it all over again. It's like my brain needs to marinate on what I saw last night, process it and well, now it craves more.

Let's rewind to Thursday night. I love a good night's sleep but I was willing to give that up for The Hunger Games. I was so excited for this movie that I decided to go to the midnight premiere even though a long day of work in Salisbury was in my future. It was great to share the evening with a few of my best girlfriends. It's always nice to have a night out with just the girls. Dinner, movie, candy and popcorn. You just can't go wrong. Add The Hunger Games and you've got perfection!

Ready to watch The Hunger Games!
Kids dressed as Peeta, Katniss, Prim and Effie

Excited!
I really don't know where to begin to describe how I felt about the movie. I think this is one reason I want to see it again. I was so fidgety and anxious all the way up until the passing of Rue. I guess I knew that was the part that would get to me the most. And it did. After that, I was finally calm. Weird, I know.

Now I didn't love everything about the movie. One thing that I wasn't impressed with were the two costumes for Katniss presented during opening ceremony. I liked the actual costumes. It was the fire that came off fake. It's 2012. I thought they could do a better job. I guess in my head I was expecting something flawless but what I was saw made me giggle at the effect they tried to portray.

I guess another thing is that it was all shown so fast. It took a minute to get used to how quick the camera moved or how shaky it was at parts. I wanted to take it all in where in reality, you can't do that in a movie. You gotta keep it moving. Even though the film was 2.5 hours long, it felt nothing like it.

Overall I think the production was very well done and I feel that the cast was spot on. Jennifer Lawrence did an AMAZING job as Katniss Everdeen. Kuddos to her. I have to say that the cast and crew did North Carolina proud! The movie had me laughing, crying, and jumping (yes, the muttations made me jump at that one part. I know I'm not the only one though!).

I'll probably see the movie again once Jeremy finally finishes the book. He gets the award for slowest reader of The Hunger Games. I couldn't put the book down whereas he has been on chapter 5 for the past month! I blame sports.

Happy Hunger Games! I love, love, loved the movie! What did you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment