Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Card Worthy

Christmas is right around the corner! Like seriously...only 7 more days...and we're just now getting our Christmas cards out. Better late than never :) Just like picking out our Christmas stockings, trying to decide our Christmas card feels like it takes me weeks to choose the perfect one. I can't help it. Sending out Christmas cards is one of my favorite things to do over the holidays. Who doesn't love snail mail and the thought of each of your recipients smiling down at the sight of your card? I genuinely love each and every card we get in the mail and hope everyone feels the same about ours.


If you are a regular reader of our blog, I'm sure by now you can see that I take my camera everywhere. I love photos and I would love to keep a tradition of professional family photos at least once a year. I know it's not Jeremy's favorite thing but I'm pretty sure he had a clue about my obsession before he married me :)

My friend and awesome photographer, Sunny of Themba Imagery, was nice enough to listen to my idea of having a photo shoot at a Christmas tree farm for our first-ever family photo session. She was able to book an afternoon at Penland Christmas Tree Farm in York, South Carolina and I was super excited to get out there and take some photos. It was the week before Thanksgiving, right before the Christmas Tree season hit, and we had the entire farm to ourselves.  The entire afternoon seriously felt magical...with a slight winter chill in the air and being surrounded by fresh, evergreens...I couldn't ask for a better afternoon.

Sunny had us laughing and having a good time the moment we hugged each other hello. She was ecstatic to have Apollo join in on the session and got some great shots of our slobbery beast :) Thankfully, Momma S (Jeremy's mom) was able to come along and take care of Apollo while we had a few pictures done of ourselves. Below are just a few of my favorites from the afternoon. There are a lot below but it was way too hard picking out only 26 to share. If you're looking for family photos (or any photos in general) in 2013, I highly suggest contacting Sunny. She is nothing but awesome and a great photographer at that!

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery
Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery
Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery
Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery
Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery
Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery
Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Sunny brought fake snow! I was beyond excited | Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery
Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Yup. That's drool wrapped around his snout, ladies and gentlemen | Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

SNOW! | Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

SNOW! | Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

SNOW! | Photo by Sunny at Themba Imagery

And lastly, here's a photo of Sunny and I! She is THE BEST!




No comments:

Post a Comment